Grand Seal of Épinal

Holding Institution: Archives Nationales (Paris)
Catalog number: D5697
Date: 1444
Location: Lorraine

Size: 69 mm

Municipal seal

Click on the picture above for an enlarged image.
(111 kb)

 tower with four battlements, three windows, and one door, with a fleur de lis on either side; appended to a charter of 10 September 1444 by which the four governors of Épinal and the Rualmesnil confirmed the donation of the city of Épinal to the king

 sigillvm vniversitatis spinalensis

 Douët-d'Arcq, L. Collection de sceaux. Paris : H. Plon, 1863-1868.