Study space options in the Hesburgh Libraries
Closed/Locked individual study carrels
- Available to Graduate students, working on a dissertation/thesis in the College of Arts & Letters
- Submit application to Deans office in the College of Arts and Letters
- Keys issued at Hesburgh Circulation/Reserves desk
- $10 non-refundable fee due at check-out
- Carrel is for your use and may not be shared with unauthorized person
- All library materials stored in carrels must be checked out
- Carrels are checked periodically for overdue materials and for materials not checked out. These materials will be removed and returned to their home location.
Open study carrels
- Available on most floors on a first-come, first-served basis
- Cannot be reserved
- Do not leave personal or library materials you have borrowed on your ID unattended. Materials will be removed if left unattended.
Group study rooms:
- Collaborative work spaces are available in the Hesburgh Libraries for use by students. Please check availability here: http://library.nd.edu/about/rooms/
- Group study space
- One Button Studio for recording
- Materials will be removed if left unattended
- The O'Meara Mathematics Library has five (5) group study rooms and a seminar room.
Graduate student lounge
- Hesburgh Library, Room 900
- Study tables available
- Available during library building open hours
- Access granted via keypad;
- code available from the Graduate Student Union Office (217 LaFortune Student Center)
- code available from the Hesburgh Library Security Monitors or from the Hesburgh LibraryCirculation/Reserves Desk with proper ID
- Graduate students only are allowed in this space. Report any concerns to the Hesburgh Library Security Monitors.
- The graduate student professional development library is located in this space. For a list of materials in this collection: https://alephprod.library.nd.edu/F/?func=find-c&ccl_term=WCL=grad
- Available on all floors
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Cannot be reserved
- Library materials will be removed if left unattended for any length of time
Lokmobiles ("desk on wheels")
- Available to Graduate students (priority) and seniors working on a thesis
- $3 rental fee due at check-out
- Request a lokmobile at Hesburgh Circulation/Reserves Desk.
- A lokmobile is for your use and may not be loaned or passed to another person.
- Keep lokmobile locked. The Library is not responsible for the loss or damage to any articles kept in the lokmobile.
- All library materials stored in lokmobile must be checked out.
- Lokmobiles are checked periodically for overdue materials and for materials not checked out. These materials will be removed and returned to their home location.
1st Floor "Fishbowl"
- Seating for approximately 175 with a variety of seating options available.
- Quiet not guaranteed.
Questions? Please contact the Hesburgh Library Circulation/Reserve Desk, 574-631-6318, firstname.lastname@example.org, or your branch library for assistance.