Deleting Aleph Records
The Aleph delete function will not be activated until
password and security issues are resolved.
For the time being, instead of deleting records, we will be suppressing
them from public display. We will add Information to the record to enable
systems to retrieve and delete the records at a later date, once the deletion
functionality is implemented.
IT IS CRITICAL FOR LATER RETRIEVAL
THAT THE INFORMATION BE ENTERED EXACTLY AS SHOWN.
- Call up the bib record to be provisionally deleted.
- Important: if you are deleting the record because the last
copy is being withdrawn, delete our holdings in OCLC.
- Delete the 035 field (OCoLC) ...
- Add a 902 field with subfield 'a' suppress display (Example).
- Add a second 902 field with Deleted record in subfield
- Add a subfield 'd' to the second 902 with today's date, for example:
- Save the record to the server