Frequently Asked Questions
When are you open?
- While classes are in session:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (unless there’s a home football game that day)
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- When classes aren’t in session:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday - Closed
How big is your collection?
- Over 3,100,000 volumes university-wide.
- Over 32,000 volumes in Architecture alone.
What collections do you have?
- New Books
- Maps & Atlases
- Classical & Traditional Architecture
- Architects’ Archives
- Flat Oversize
- Ryan Rare Book Room
- Furniture Special Collection
- Flat Maps & Plan
Who works here?
- Jennifer Parker - Architecture Librarian.
- Viveca Pattison-Robichaud - Visiting Faculty Librarian.
- Kai Smith - Librarian-in-Residence
- Pete Reimers - Library Assistant.
- Adam Heet - Digital Projects Specialist.
- Student Workers
Where’s the restroom?
- The ladies’ is out the door, to your left, at the end of the hall, next to the gallery.
- The gents’ is out the door, right by the entrance to the building.
Do you have a scanner or copier?
- 1 standard sized Epson flatbed.
- 2 11”x17” Epson flatbeds.
- 1 23”x33” overhead Indus named Boris.
What other services do you provide?
- Space and materials for study.
- InterLibrary Loan.
- Document Delivery for Faculty and Grad students.
- Course Reserves.
- Assistance finding materials.
- Instruction on how to use library resources.
- Research Assistance
Can I go inside the Jim R. Ryan Rare Book Room?
- But it’s by appointment only.
- And there are rules:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Leave your coat and bags in the Boys’ Room.
- Ink pens are prohibited. Pencils are ok.
- Materials may not be removed from the Room.
- Any scanning of Rare Books is to be done by a staff member only.
- If you just want to see the room without using any of the actual materials, we’re happy to show you. But look; don’t touch.