Seal of Bruges
Holding Institution: Archives Nationales (Paris)
Catalog number: N1634
Size: 75 mm
Click on the picture above for an enlarged image.
a building in profile, the chapel of Saint-Sang, a trefoiled door with decorative ironwork; to the left, a portico charged with a fess escutcheon of six pieces, with a lion; below the portico, an exterior stairway leading to the first floor of the building; appended to the submission of the city of Bruges to the count of Flanders, September 1281
sigill[um bru]gensis oppidi
Demay, Germain. Inventaire des sceaux de la Normandie. Paris : Imprimerie nationale, 1881.