Graduate Student Dissertation Camp
During spring break, March 10-14, 2014, the Hesburgh Libraries proudly offers a program co-sponsored with the University Writing Center and the Graduate School to help scholars focus on their own research and writing. Please read below for more information and how to register for the workshops being planned.
The Graduate Dissertation Camp is designed to assist graduate students at all stages of their research and writing toward their degree or completion of a large scale writing project. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- jumpstart or move forward in their research and writing process
- work in dedicated spaces in the Hesburgh Library
- consult with their subject librarians
- consult with University Writing Center tutors about their work
- engage with colleagues in their own and other graduate divisions to learn best practices from peers
- form communities of practice to engage in the camp process after its conclusion
Our program will help you establish a framework for writing and research that will enable you to work effectively. Through informal conversations and short discussions, you will also develop a sense of community with other students. Each day the camp will provide morning and afternoon snacks, prepared lunches and coffee and water throughout the day.
Enrollment is free. Registration is required and availability is limited.
- Spring 2014 FINAL Schedule and Information - PDF copy of the draft schedule.
- Please arrive by 8:30am to pick up a light breakfast snack and prepare for goal setting activites.
- Day one will include introduction to subject librarians.
- Bring your own refillable, covered mug to help with sustainability and beverage service.
- Fall 2013 Schedule and Information
- Spring 2013 Schedule and Information
- Marisha Fortner - Healthy mind and biofeedback - supporting your research
- Cheri Smith - Short guide to conducting a Literature Review
- Rick Johnson - Institutional Repositories and e-Research
- Linda Sharp, Academic Outreach Librarian, Copyright Specialist and Marsha Stevenson, Art, Art History and Design Librarian
- Eric Morgan, Digital Initiatives Librarian
- Gretchen Busl, Associate Program Director, Graduate School and Kara Donnelly, Writing Center Tutor
- Analyzing Models document (DOCX - 81KB)
- Managing Your Writing document (DOCX - 18KB)
Spring 2013 Presenter Listing
More information/Fall 2012 Schedule