Senior Thesis Camp
During fall break, October 19-23, 2015 the Hesburgh Libraries proudly offers a program co-sponsored with the University Writing Center to help undergraduate scholars focus on their own research and writing.
The SeniorThesis Camp assists junior and senior level students working on their senior thesis or capstone project. The camp connects with thesis writers at all stages of their research and writing. Camp members will:
- jumpstart or move forward in their research and writing process
- work in dedicated spaces in the Hesburgh Library
- consult with their subject librarians
- consult with University Writing Center tutors about their work
- engage with colleagues in their own and other undergraduate programs to learn best practices from peers
- form communities of practice to engage in the camp process after its conclusion
Our program helps you:
- establish a framework for writing and research that will enable you to work effectively
- develop a sense of community with other students through goal setting and conversations
- focus on your research while having lunch and snacks provided
Enrollment is free. Registration is required and availability is limited.
Fall 2015 Schedule and information to be announced
Fall 2013 Schedule and Information- PDF copy of the background material and schedule.
Prior years' workshops
- Marisha Fortner - Healthy mind and biofeedback - supporting your research
- Cheri Smith - Short guide to conducting a Literature Review
- Rick Johnson - Institutional Repositories and e-Research
- Linda Sharp, Academic Outreach Librarian, Copyright Specialist and Marsha Stevenson, Art, Art History and Design Librarian
- Eric Morgan, Digital Initiatives Librarian
- Gretchen Busl, Associate Program Director, Graduate School and Kara Donnelly, Writing Center Tutor
- Analyzing Models document (DOCX - 81KB)
- Managing Your Writing document (DOCX - 18KB)
Spring 2013 Presenter Listing
More information/Fall 2012 Schedule - Lunches served ca. 12:30pm. Camp hours 9:00am-5:00pm - arrive early for morning snack and conversation before opening session each day at 9am.