Interlibrary loan is a library-to-library transaction and is governed by the American Library Association Interlibrary Loan Code. In general, most books and photocopies of journal articles can be obtained through interlibrary loan. However,
Questions? Contact ILL Department (Therese' Bauters) by:
- Current Notre Dame faculty, staff and students with a valid NetID and password.
- Special Borrowers are not eligible, but can use the public library for interlibrary loans service.
- Please use our electronic forms: Book and Article Request Forms to submit your request.
- We cannot accept telephone requests.
- Standard book request: 7 days
- Standard photocopy request: 3 days
- Rush request: we process and deliver as soon as it is possible
When a loan arrives (books, film, fiche, av), patrons will receive notification by email.
With regard to loans, we send books:
1. to your branch or home library, if you are a branch patron.
2. to Arts & Letters departmental offices, if you are A&L faculty.
Graduate students, Staff, and Undergraduates must pick up books at the Circulation desk at Hesburgh Library.
Please note - format of materials with regard to loans matters!!
Loans that arrive in microtext format (film or fiche) are available for pick-up in the Microtext area of Hesburgh Library (Lower Level) where film and fiche readers and copiers are located.
If a book that is lent to you is judged to be to fragile to be taken from the library, it will be held in Circulation where you may pick it up for use within the Hesburgh Library.
On occasion, the lending library requires that videos, DVD's and other A/V formats be made "in library use only," in which case they are made available at the Audio Video Center (room 203, second floor of Hesburgh Library), where equipment for viewing and listening is located.
Electronic delivery, posting articles as PDFs, is the default. However, if you want a paper copy, we will send paper copies:
1. to your branch or home library, if you are a branch patron (i.e., engineering, architecture, etc.)
2. to your departmental office, if you are faculty or graduate student in an Arts and Letters department (e.g., History, English, etc.)
3. to your campus address, if you are an undergraduate.
You can request renewals yourself. Click on the following URL: https://nd.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/IND/logon.html
Scroll down to View/Checked Out Items.
Clicking on the latter will retrieve a list of all titles currently checked out to you. In the left-hand column you have a list of "transaction numbers", find the title you wish to renew and click on its number. This will bring up a detailed record for that title. In the upper left hand corner of the detailed record you will see “Renew Request”. Click on this link and the request for renewal is submitted. If the Renew Request link is not available it is because of the material format or the lending library's policies and the item cannot be renewed.
*Note: Renewals must be done before the due date. If the due date has passed you must contact the ILL office staff for a renewal.
The Univeristy of Notre Dame cannot place interlibrary loan requests for the following kinds of items:
Moreover, the following kinds of materials are not ordinarily obtainable from other libraries:
The average Interlibrary Loan costs a minimum of $25.00 plus whatever the lending library charges. The University Libraries provides this service free-of-charge to Notre Dame patrons.
The borrower, however, has the responsibility to return items on time and in the same condition as when he/she received the loan. If you, as a borrower, abuse this responsibility, you jeopardize future interlibrary loan transactions with other libraries.
If an item is not returned to us, there is a $100 fee for replacement and processing charges.
If a borrower regularly abuses ILL responsibilities, our staff reserves the right to suspend the borrower's privileges.