The Libraries' print, microtext, and electronic collections, branches and facilities are generally available to visitors during all operating hours. Reference assistance and some computer workstations are also available to visitors. Some services and workstations are restricted to Notre Dame faculty, students and staff. Please ask at any service desk if you have questions.
Getting to the Libraries
Computers and Copiers
The Hesburgh Library has some computers that are accessible to visitors. These computers require a special guest login that can be obtained from any service desk. Guest users will need to provide a picture ID.
All photocopiers are available to guests. Some copiers feature the option to email a scan to the patron. Copy cards are available from a vending machine on the first floor of the Hesburgh Library near the Circulation desk. Cards may be purchased in $1.00 increments. Copies are $.10 per page; scans to email are free of charge. Copiers are located on the following floors of the Hesburgh (Main) Library:
- 1st floor - In Reference
- 2nd floor - Lobby area
- 7th floor - Turn right after exiting the elevator
- 12th floor - Go straight after exiting the elevator, and then turn left at the first aisle. Walk all the way to the far wall, the copier is on your left.
Many of the electronic resources
listed on the Hesburgh Libraries' website are provided through library
- Most are available to
visitors when they are used on site.
- Some are restricted to Notre Dame faculty, students and staff by
the license agreement.
Electronic resources that are not subscription-based are freely available to the general public.
- Michiana Academic Library Consortium (MALC), including students, faculty and staff from
- Saint Mary's College
- Holy Cross College
- Bethel College
can borrow circulating materials using their institutional IDs
- Alumni and other Special Borrowers
- Who is Eligible
- Due Dates For Most Special Borrowers:
- Books are due in 28 days
- Journals are due in 2 days
- Recalled items must be returned by the date on the notice
- ALI Onsite Reciprocal Borrowing Program: This program allows all students, faculty, and staff from any participating library to borrow books at any other participating ALI library.
- For retreats, camps and other programs, please contact your program administrators.
- For additional information on borrowing privileges, email the library circulation department at email@example.com, or call (574) 631-6318.