I Need to Find Maps
Maps are located in the lower level of the Hesburgh (Main) Library. (map) (Government documents)
Search the library catalog for Maps available at Hesburgh.
Rand McNally Road Atlas Hesburgh Library Reference Desk G 1201 .P2 R35 2007.
Atlases are located on the first floor in the Hesburgh Reference Collection.
Hesburgh Library electronic resources list for Maps and GIS.
GIS and Mapping provides local, state, and national GIS mapping resources.
Additional Resources for finding maps online include:
- Indiana mapping websites provides interactive mapping sites run by federal, state and local governments, and regional organizations.
- Indiana Department of Transportation County maps includes maps of Indiana Counties.
- Indiana Department of Transportation City maps includes maps of major Indiana cities: Anderson, Bloomington, Calumet, Columbus, Evansville, Falls City Area, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, Michigan City, Muncie, Richmond, and South Bend.
- Indiana Department of Transportation maps and other publications include links to: Road Construction Maps, INDOT District/Sub district maps, Indiana State Map, Indiana Radar Map, and the Indiana Satellite Map.
- St. Joseph County Maps provides maps of St. Joseph County.
- The National Map: Historical Quadrangle Scaning Project contains all editions and all scales of USGS topographic quadrangles with over 200,000 maps spanning 1884-2006.
- National Geospatial Program provides links to major portals for geospatial products provided by the federal government.
- Geodata.gov provides federal state and local geographic data.
- U.S. Gazeteer provides U.S. places, counties, county subdivisions, and census tracts.
- National Atlas provides free printable maps of the 50 states with Congressional districts, topographic maps, and digital cartographic data.
- Library of Congress map collection includes historical map collections available digitally through the Library of Congress American Memory Project include maps from the Civil War, Louisiana Purchase, National Parks, Railroads and more.
- ArcGIS Online is a free image Service from ESRI including Imagery, Street Data, Topographic Maps, Physical Maps, Shaded Relief Imagery, Boundaries, and more.
- USGS Seamless Data Warehouse is an excellent source for many types of data including: Elevation, Land Cover, Orthoimagery, Transportation, Boundaries and Hydrography.
- National Geophysical Data Center provides Bathymetry, Topography & Relief data.
- CIA World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 266 world entities. Includes maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- United Nations Environmental Program GEO Data Portal provides international data. Data can be displayed on a map, with a graph, in a table, or downloaded.
- Google maps provides directions and satellite imagery.
For help finding maps, contact: