Israeli Approval Plan Profile
- per year--$3,000
- per work--maximum of $75 for a single-volume work, $100 for a multivolume work.
Format: 50 pages or more for a single-volume work; multivolume works up to $100.
- Predominantly English
- Selected Hebrew titles which represent major scholarly works.
General Profile: Include works from the following categories:
- Bibliographies, reference works.
- Works dealing with theory, methodology, organization and history of a topic.
- Primary source materials.
- Fundamental and comprehensive research.
- Bible and Archaeology; include only post-biblical exegesis of scripture, especially Midrash and medieval exegesis; only post-biblical archaeology.
- Jewish History; all post-biblical periods, including Jewish biographies, historical criticism, economic history, publications of source material, histories of individual communities, works on the Holocaust; exclude works on modern Israel and modern Zionism.
- Jewish Thought: scholarly works on religion, theology, and philosophy.
- Hebrew Language and Literature; history of Hebrew language, Hebrew-English dictionaries only.
- Sifrei Kodesh (include only English-language reprints of earlier editions of biblical exegesis, Midrash, codes of Jewish law); Mysticism, Hasidism, and Kabbalah (include reprints of classic works and scholarly secondary works); Jewish liturgy.
Exclusions (General): Translations into Hebrew, dual publications with publishers from countries outside Israel, maps, journals, popular and non-university materials.
Exclusions (Monographic Series: Atiqot , Qedem (already on standing order)
Alan D. Krieger
Collection Development Department
210 Hesburgh Library
University of Notre Dame
FAX: (574) 631-6772