Searches for Items not on Shelf or Checked Out
If an item is not on loan and cannot be found on the shelf, it may be in the "To be shelved" area at the south end of each floor. You may also check with Circulation to see if the book has recently been returned.
If Circulation can not find the item, or circulation desk is closed, you may request an item search by submitting a Missing Item Search Form.
- The library stacks staff will search for the item within 24-48 business hours.
- If the item is found:
- You will be notified by e-mail or mail that the item has been found and is being held for you.
- The item will be held for you for 10 days at the appropriate Circulation Desk.
- If the item is not found:
- You will be notified if the item was not found.
- The catalog record will be changed to show the book is MISSING.
- The search for the item will continue for two months after the initial search. If still not found it will be withdrawn from the collection. A selector will decide whether to order another copy.
- You can request the book through Interlibrary loan (login).