Access to these resources is governed by license agreements which restrict use … read more
- U.S. Catholic Bishops
Alphabetic list of Catholic Bishops in the United States, bishops by diocese and dioceses by state.
- U.S. Census Bureau
Information on the 2000 U.S. Census; people, housing, business, etc.
- U.S. Code
"The United States Code is a consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States. It is prepared by
the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the United States House of Representatives."
- U.S. Copyright Office
Site created to "serve the copyright community of creators and users, as well as the general public."
- U.S. Department of Energy
DOE home includes sections on: - National Security - Energy Sources - Energy Efficiency - Environment - Energy Prices & Trends - Science & Technology
- Health - Safety & Security
- U.S. Gazetteer
Search for places, counties or MCDs.
- U.S. Geological Survey Maps, Imagery, and Publications
The U.S. Geological Survey website is a rich resources of information. This website provides links to the Publications Warehouse, Maps and Data, and more.
- U.S. immigration and migration reference library
Chronicles immigration to the United States from 1820 to present day.
- U.S. Middle East peace policy and America's role in the Middle East peace process, 1989-1993
"This collection contains Bush Presidential Records from a variety of White House offices. These files consist of letters of correspondence, memoranda,
coversheets, notes, distribution lists, newspaper articles, informational papers, published articles, and reports from the public, the Congress, Bush administration officials, and other various federal agencies primarily regarding American Middle East peace policy and the United States' role in the many facets of the Middle East peace process"--Home page. Part of Archives Unbound.
- U.S. News Archives on the Web
Locate links to archived newspapers within the U.S.
- U.S. Postal Service Zip Codes
Zip Code directory.
- UCD Digital Library (formerly: Irish Virtual Research Library and Archive (IVRLA))
UCD (University College Dublin) Digital Library, a platform for exploring cultural heritage, engaging with digital scholarship, and accessing research
data. The IVRLA digital collections have now moved to this platform and can be located in the Collections section.
- Ulrich's periodicals directory
Ulrichsweb, a global serials directory, contains bibliographic and publisher information on more than 300,000 periodicals of all types -- academic and
scholarly journals, Open Access publications, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and more.
- UM weather
Provides access to thousands of forecasts, images, and the Net's largest collection of weather links
- Undergraduate Greek
Useful resources for students studying undergraduate Greek.
- Undergraduate Latin
Useful resources for students studying undergraduate Latin.
- Underground and independent comics, comix, and graphic novels
Primary source database focusing on North American and European adult comic books and graphic novels. The collection includes original material from the
1950s to today along with interviews, commentary, theory, and criticism from journals, books, and magazines.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics
Global and internationally comparable statistics on education, science, technology, culture and communication.
- United Nations Cartographic Section web site
Maps and geographic information resources.
- United Nations Statistics Division
Access to a wide variety of UN statistical sources.
- United States congressional serial set
Coverage: years 1817-1994
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Access to issued patents' full-text (since 1976) and full-page image (since 1790) databases.
- Univ. of California Press
- Universal Currency Converter (XE)
Up to date currency conversion for most countries.
- University of California Berkeley
University of California Berkeley Library website.
- University of Chicago
University of Chicago's Regenstein Library website.
- University of Chicago Press
- University of Evansville
University of Evansville Libraries website.
- University of Illinois
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) library gateway.
- University of Indianapolis
Krannert Memorial Library website.
- University of Michigan
University of Michigan University Library website.
- University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection
This collection is a growing library of [more than 900] books selected from the University of Michigan mathematics collection that have been digitized
to improve access and to preserve the content. All of the books in this collection were published in the 19th or early 20th century.
- University of Notre Dame athletics
Guide to ND Athletics
- University of Notre Dame. Kresge Law Library Catalog
This is the online catalog for the University of Notre Dame Law School Library.
- University of Notre Dame. Law School
Kresge Law Library website.
- University of Saint Francis
USF Library website.
- University of Texas at Austin
University of Texas at Austin General Libraries UT Library Online website.
- University of Washington
University of Washington's University Libraries Information Gateway.
- Uniworld - American firms operating in foreign countries (see Directory of American firms operating in foreign countries)
Directory information on American companies with substantial investment in overseas operations.
- Uniworld - Foreign firms operating in the United States (see Directory of foreign firms operating in the United States)
Directory information on foreign companies with substantial investment in American operations.
- US Geologic Survey Photographic Library
View and download images from the entire USGS image collection
- US Two-Year Colleges
Search for two year colleges across the United States.
- USA counties
Mode of access: CD-ROMs in Documents Center (Lower Level Hesburgh).
Call Number: DOCS SUDCD C 3.134/6:
- USA Statistics in Brief
Commonly viewed statistics from the U.S. Census.
Mega site for information of and about the US government
- USGS Mineral Geologic Data and Images
Includes interactive maps and downloadable data for regional and global Geology, Geochemistry, Geophysics, and Mineral Resources.
- USGS National Seismic Hazard Maps and Data
Part of the Earthquake Hazards program. The USGS provides seismic hazard assessments for the U.S. and areas around the world.
- Using open source platforms for business intelligence
- Ut per litteras apostolicas online
Searchable registers of papal letters from the 13th- and 14th-century popes, based on Registres et lettres des Papes du XIIIe siècle (32 vols.; Rome,
1883- ) and Registres et lettres des Papes du XIVe siècle (48 vols.; Rome, 1899- ). Access info: "Enter databases" then select Papal letters